ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducts and documents safety check rides (15 per month) and spot checks (20 per month) on Bus Operators and Liftline Drivers
- Conducts safety spot inspections on all vehicles (required forms and emergency equipment)
- Performs facility inspection on all bus shelters and transfer stations
- Monthly, inspect and document all bus routes for safety concern that could affect the safe and timely operation of bus schedule.
- Pull vehicle surveillance video as needed.
- Prepare all vehicle incident documentation (to include video) for Safety Director
- Conduct and document vehicle video surveillance inspections
- Investigate public safety concerns as it pertains to SporTran Operations
- Train Transportation employees on safety topics encountered while operating fleet vehicles.
- Interprets company policies and union contract to workers and enforces safety regulations.
- Monitors housekeeping program on vehicles to insure vehicles are clean.
- Investigates accidents and incidents in the maintenance facility and recommends corrective actions.
- Member of the Accident Review Board.
- Assist with Emergency Response requirements and drills.
- Performs other duties assigned or required by management.
SKILLS AND ABILITY
- Ability to interpret company policies and union contract to shop employees.
- Ability to enforce vehicle safety practices and regulations.
- Ability to communicate effectively with employees, department heads and other company officials in a courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively both in writing and orally.
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse workforce.
SUPERVISORY AND ADMINISTRATIVE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyzes and resolves safety problems, or assists workers in solving safety problems.
- Initiates or suggest plans to motivate workers to achieve safety goals.
- Assures workers have and use required safety equipment.
DESIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Intermediate MS office suite skills
- Type 50 words per minute
- Ten key 150 characters per minute
- Have above average math skills
- Ability to recognize patterns in spreadsheets and databases
- Candidates that are interviewed will perform a ten key and typing test to verify skill levels
- Ability to interact in a positive manner within a strongly diverse workforce.
- College Degree or its equivalent
- MUST have valid CDL Driver's License with Passenger Endorsement
- MUST be able to walk, kneel, bend, push and/or pull to complete moderate to heavy lifting when necessary to perform the essential functions of the position.
All positions are Safety Sensitive and require pre-employment drug testing; background checks; clean driving records and applicants must be able to work flexible shifts.
Require that applicants have no more than two (2) moving violations in the past five years and no convictions of a serious traffic violation (i.e., DWI, driving with a suspended, canceled or revoked license) in the past five years.
SporTran provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, SporTran complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Shreveport Transit Management, Inc. operates the SporTran public transit system for Shreveport and Bossier City. We provide fixed route bus service and ADA paratransit service through our LiftLine brand. Buses and vans operate from approximately 5:00am to 1:30am Monday-Saturday and from 8:00am to 5pm on Sundays. Our maintenance facility operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
I understand and agree that the information provided on my application is true and accurate to the best of my knowledge. Any misrepresentation or deliberate omission of any fact on my application, resume or any other materials submitted will be sufficient for rejection of my application for consideration. PLEASE ALLOW 24-72 HOURS BEFORE CHECKING ON THE STATUS OF YOUR APPLICATION TO PERMIT SCREENING FOR POSITION ELIGIBILITY.
The below listed positions are continuous job postings and do not represent a current vacancy for employment. Applications are accepted for these positions on a continuous basis. Pursuant to company policy, applications will remain actively on file for one year from Date of Submission. If your qualifications are identified as a match for a current opening, you may be contacted for an interview.
- Bus Operator
- ParaTransit Operator
- Utility Worker
Company Website: www.sportran.org
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)