Serves as company specialist in health, safety and environmental issues. Develops, reviews, updates and implements company safety policies and procedures to include a Safety Incentive Program. Ensures company compliance with applicable federal, state and local regulations and guidelines (i.e., Occupational Safety and Health Administration, (OSHA), Environmental Protection Administration (EPA), Department of Transportation (DOT), Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) etc). Develops and coordinates accident and incident investigation, data analysis and recurrence prevention program procedures. Maintains close communication with the Director of Transportation in all matters of safety issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and implement the Company Safety Training Program.
- Responds to, investigates, reports, follow-up and maintains all necessary paperwork on all accidents and serious incidents involving injuries. Recommend preventative and/or corrective action if any.
- Responds and provides assistance to all emergency situations.
- Updates and maintains company emergency plan and prepares regular safety exercises.
- Conducts random safety inspection and periodic compliance audits. Notifies Transportation Director of employees who violate safety rules, policies and procedures and perform disciplinary action when appropriate.
- Identifies hazardous work sites, materials and environmental safety issues. Recommends corrective action to be taken; follows-up on the implementation of the corrective action to ensure its completion.
- Ensures proper fire extinguishers and first aid supplies are kept on all company vehicles.
- Provides written monthly safety reports to the Transportation Director addressing safety issues including accidents and incidents and the results of any inspections and audits. Completes monthly and annual National Transit Data (NTD) Safety and Security Reports
- Develop and implement TAM plan as Accountable Executive in accordance with the required elements.
- Prepares and submits other reports if needed.
- Coordinates company quarterly Safety Training Meetings.
- Maintains required regulatory safety posting on all company locations.
- Performs additional duties as needed.
DESIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must be able to learn overall knowledge of SporTran operation in order to make recommendations best suited for the company.
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective and cooperative working relationship with co-workers, supervisors, and other company employees, city officials, contractors and the general public using courtesy, tact and good judgment.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and written.
- Excellent presentation abilities. Able to develop training procedures and deliver in a manner that is interesting and engaging.
- High level of integrity in developing and presenting technical information.
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, coordinate, multi-task, meet deadlines and work with attention to details with minimal supervision.
- Ability to use good judgment and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a diverse workforce.
- Ability to stand, walk, climb and/or sense of balance. Climbing of stairs, ladders etc. may be required.
- Familiarity with government OSHA, DOT and EAP regulations, including federal, state and local levels.
- Certified Safety Professional; Certified in First Aid.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Safety, or related field. Extensive and direct work related experience
may be substituted for educational requirement.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in administering and/or developing a safety program in transportation or closely related industry (i.e. manufacturing, maintenance, construction, etc.)
- MUST have valid Driver's License
- MUST be able to walk, kneel, bend, push and/or pull to complete moderate to heavy lifting when necessary to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Ability to work varying shifts, to include nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Proficient experience and application in MS Office Suite programs, Internet and Email
All positions are Safety Sensitive and require pre-employment drug testing; background checks; clean driving records and applicants must be able to work flexible shifts.
Require that applicants have no more than two (2) moving violations in the past five years and no convictions of a serious traffic violation (i.e., DWI, driving with a suspended, canceled or revoked license) in the past five years.
SporTran provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, SporTran complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Shreveport Transit Management, Inc. operates the SporTran public transit system for Shreveport and Bossier City. We provide fixed route bus service and ADA paratransit service through our LiftLine brand. Buses and vans operate from approximately 5:00am to 1:30am Monday-Saturday and from 8:00am to 5pm on Sundays. Our maintenance facility operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
I understand and agree that the information provided on my application is true and accurate to the best of my knowledge. Any misrepresentation or deliberate omission of any fact on my application, resume or any other materials submitted will be sufficient for rejection of my application for consideration. PLEASE ALLOW 24-72 HOURS BEFORE CHECKING ON THE STATUS OF YOUR APPLICATION TO PERMIT SCREENING FOR POSITION ELIGIBILITY.
The below listed positions are continuous job postings and do not represent a current vacancy for employment. Applications are accepted for these positions on a continuous basis. Pursuant to company policy, applications will remain actively on file for one year from Date of Submission. If your qualifications are identified as a match for a current opening, you may be contacted for an interview.
- Bus Operator
- ParaTransit Operator
- Utility Worker
Company Website: www.sportran.org
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)