Reports To: CEO
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Capability to learn and accurately follow complex US Department of Transportation/Federal Transit Administration procurement rules and regulations.
- Ability to organize procurement information in a systematic way for financial and triennial audits.
- Skill to represent the agency ethically during the procurement process for a wide variety of projects.
- Capacity to effectively monitor and control the cost and implementation of a project, either through installation and/or construction.
- Prepare and organize bids for letting internally and through the City of Shreveport purchasing division.
- Identify, apply for, administer, maintain and coordinate federal, state, and local grants in accordance to applicable regulations and guidelines.
- Audit, monitor and schedule reports of grant activities
- Provide timely information on funding opportunities, requirements, and procedures
- Work with funding agencies to determine possible reprogramming options
- Develop, monitor, and review complex financial calculations and reports
- Participate in internal and external reporting and audit processes
- Coordinate the development and submission of the Annual Capital Needs Assessment
- Coordinate the development and submission of the Annual TIP and any amendments
- Research, analyze and implement federal, state and local rules and regulations Procurement Administration
- Conduct basic and complex procurements through completion including the award of agreements, contracts, purchase orders, change orders, and contract extensions
- Ensure that procedures associated with a contract are prepared and administered in accordance with the FTA, City of Shreveport, & DBE guidelines
- Research grant and funding opportunities for SporTran, focusing on opportunities for system growth and stabilization.
- Is competent in writing, being able to effectively convey in an exciting, competitive manner future SporTran projects for funding.
- Ability to understand and present complex data in an easy-to-read format.
- Responsible for the DBE Program and updating the program as required
- Submit the Triennial goal and Updated DBE program by the statutory deadline
- Administers the daily operations of the Disadvantage Business Enterprise (DBE) and Small Business Enterprise (SBE) programs in accordance with federal guidelines, the Civil Rights Act of 1964, SporTran policy, Executive Orders, and other applicable laws and regulations including working closely with the City of Shreveport Fair Share Office.
- Coordinates the efforts of SporTran staff to effectively carry out the DBE and SBE programs.
- Acts as liaison between SporTran and community organizations, government agencies, DBE's and SBE's.
- Sets contract goals and evaluates responsiveness to meet the goals.
- Provides representation at pre-bid, pre-award, and pre-construction meetings.
- Establishes SporTran's three-year forecast DBE goal.
- Prepares and submits reports related to the DBE and SBE programs.
- Monitors compliance with the DBE and SBE programs and investigates complaints related to the DBE and SBE programs, initiating action as required.
- Manages and participates in SporTran's DBE/SBE outreach program.
- Conducts site visits to certify and re-certify DBE's and SBE's.
- 4-year college degree in a related field
- Possession of, or ability to obtain before hiring, a valid driver's license.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including demonstrated ability to:
- Communicate directly and effectively, both orally and in writing, with various individuals, including co-workers, supervisors, and passengers.
- Accurately relay messages and convey information to others.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including demonstrated ability to:
- Work cooperatively and effectively with others.
- Treat all people with dignity and respect.
- Interact with people pleasantly under routine or stressful conditions
- Accept, act upon, and offer constructive criticism.
- Ability to be highly detail-oriented in following pertinent Federal, State, and local laws, codes, and regulations, including administrative and departmental policies and procedures.
- Ability to follow instructions and adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Ability to understand occupational hazards and follow standard safety practices necessary in the area of work.
- Demonstrate good work habits, including attendance and punctuality.
- Must be able to report for shift work on short notice when needed.
- Work is primarily performed in an office environment but has up to 35% of job performance in the field.
- The person in this position must be able to:
- Perform the essential functions of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation(s).
- Perform job duties requiring the ability to stand, sit, walk, bend, and reach; and move equipment and/or supplies weighing up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; to operate standard office equipment, including telephone and computer equipment; and operate vehicles used to perform duties.
- All positions are Safety Sensitive and require pre-employment drug testing, background checks, clean driving records, and applicants must be able to work flexible shifts.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Shreveport Transit Management, Inc. operates the SporTran public transit system for Shreveport and Bossier City. We provide fixed route bus service and ADA paratransit service through our LiftLine brand. Buses and vans operate from approximately 5:00am to 1:30am Monday-Saturday and from 8:00am to 5pm on Sundays. Our maintenance facility operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
I understand and agree that the information provided on my application is true and accurate to the best of my knowledge. Any misrepresentation or deliberate omission of any fact on my application, resume or any other materials submitted will be sufficient for rejection of my application for consideration. PLEASE ALLOW 24-72 HOURS BEFORE CHECKING ON THE STATUS OF YOUR APPLICATION TO PERMIT SCREENING FOR POSITION ELIGIBILITY.
The below listed positions are continuous job postings and do not represent a current vacancy for employment. Applications are accepted for these positions on a continuous basis. Pursuant to company policy, applications will remain actively on file for one year from Date of Submission. If your qualifications are identified as a match for a current opening, you may be contacted for an interview.
- Bus Operator
- ParaTransit Operator
- Utility Worker
Company Website: www.sportran.org
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)