Director of Human Resources
Under general direction, the Director of Human Resources provides advice and assistance to managers and employees and plans, organizes, directs, and coordinates the human resources and employee benefits activities of the company.
- Oversee recruitment and hiring processes in electronic portal, posting job openings and reviewing applications before submitting to department for interviews and selection
- Maintain comprehensive employee and retiree files, ensuring proper documentation of recruitment, interview, selection, hiring, disciplinary proceedings, and terminations
- Serve as a resource to both management and employees for personnel and human resources issues, such as mediating disputes and directing disciplinary procedures
- Serve as the overall coordinator for new hire orientations and lead sessions on employment policies and benefit options, including pension and 401k
- Conduct exit interviews with departing employees and prepare quarterly reports for management on trends and issues
- Allocate employee and employer contributions and loan repayments in the 401k plan portal for biweekly and annual 401k contributions
- Process applications and administer deductions for 401k loans and hardships
- Maintain detailed files on 401k contributions for submission for audits and required filings
- Ensure required plan notices are distributed to employees for all insurance and benefit plans
- Oversee the open enrollment process and ensure that payroll deduction authorization forms are signed annually by all employees and provided to payroll department
- Coordinate with COBRA provider to enroll new hires and to issue enrollment notifications to terminated employees
- Review and approve all insurance billings and follow up with providers on credits due for terminated employees
- Process FMLA requests and coordinate with department directors to monitor FMLA leave
- Compile EEO statistics on an ongoing basis and maintain all EEO files
- File notification with the Louisiana Workforce Commission for any terminated employee (including resignations and retirements) within 72 hours of termination
- Coordinate with department directors to prepare for unemployment hearings with the LWC and represent the company in these hearings
- Circulate Personnel Action Forms internally to payroll, accounting, and pension upon receipt for all pay changes, promotions, terminations, and other employment actions
- Other duties as assigned by the Director
Education/Training: Equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in human resources management, business, or a related field. Human Resources accreditations and course work strongly desired.
Experience: At least five (5) years of experience in a benefits management or human resources role.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Knowledge Of: Human resources management, mentoring and coaching, insurance benefit plans, retirement plans, employment policy and procedures best practices, job descriptions, and performance review methods and techniques. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Ability To: Organize, direct, and implement a comprehensive human resources program, maintain confidential records, effectively communicate through verbal and written means, provide basic counseling and feedback to employees and supervisors, and develop written policies and procedures
Shreveport Transit Management, Inc. operates the SporTran public transit system for Shreveport and Bossier City. We provide fixed route bus service and ADA paratransit service through our LiftLine brand. Buses and vans operate from approximately 5:00am to 1:30am Monday-Saturday and from 8:00am to 5pm on Sundays. Our maintenance facility operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
I understand and agree that the information provided on my application is true and accurate to the best of my knowledge. Any misrepresentation or deliberate omission of any fact on my application, resume or any other materials submitted will be sufficient for rejection of my application for consideration. PLEASE ALLOW 24-72 HOURS BEFORE CHECKING ON THE STATUS OF YOUR APPLICATION TO PERMIT SCREENING FOR POSITION ELIGIBILITY.
The below listed positions are continuous job postings and do not represent a current vacancy for employment. Applications are accepted for these positions on a continuous basis. Pursuant to company policy, applications will remain actively on file for one year from Date of Submission. If your qualifications are identified as a match for a current opening, you may be contacted for an interview.
- Bus Operator
- ParaTransit Operator
- Utility Worker
Company Website: www.sportran.org
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)