Reports To: Director of Administration
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide front line support answering phones and greeting visitors
- Print daily fare collection reports and maintain audit logs for “money counts”
- Provide maintenance department with daily farebox maintenance reports
- Maintain cash and check log and reconcile with validated deposit slips
- Make bank deposits for checks received from customers, vendors, cafeteria plan, etc.
- Issue bus passes and tickets to terminal clerks and customers and maintain records of transactions in ticket books
- Prepare billings for service organizations for consignment and bulk bus ticket orders
- Process and distribute incoming mail
- Sort and stuff vendor checks for mailing or internal distribution
- Order office supplies in compliance with requisition and purchasing policies
- Prepare solicitation requests for materials and supplies that require formal bid packages
- Establish and maintain accounts payable files
- Other duties as assigned by the Director
- High School Diploma or its equivalent
- Must possess extensive knowledge of computer software including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Required English language proficiency; bilingual proficiency is acceptable
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
- Knowledge of call center operations and technology
- Proficient data entry and typing skills
- Knowledge of administration and clerical processes
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Effective listening skills.
- Problem solving and analysis capability.
- Strong attention to detail and organization.
- Motivated to be a team player
- Ability to adapt and manage stress in a customer centered environment.
This job operates in a call center office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
All positions are Safety Sensitive and require pre-employment drug testing; background checks; clean driving records and applicants must be able to work flexible shifts.
The preceding description is intended to describe the general content, identify the essential functions, and set forth the requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
SporTran provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, SporTran complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Shreveport Transit Management, Inc. operates the SporTran public transit system for Shreveport and Bossier City. We provide fixed route bus service and ADA paratransit service through our LiftLine brand. Buses and vans operate from approximately 5:00am to 1:30am Monday-Saturday and from 8:00am to 5pm on Sundays. Our maintenance facility operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
I understand and agree that the information provided on my application is true and accurate to the best of my knowledge. Any misrepresentation or deliberate omission of any fact on my application, resume or any other materials submitted will be sufficient for rejection of my application for consideration. PLEASE ALLOW 24-72 HOURS BEFORE CHECKING ON THE STATUS OF YOUR APPLICATION TO PERMIT SCREENING FOR POSITION ELIGIBILITY.
The below listed positions are continuous job postings and do not represent a current vacancy for employment. Applications are accepted for these positions on a continuous basis. Pursuant to company policy, applications will remain actively on file for one year from Date of Submission. If your qualifications are identified as a match for a current opening, you may be contacted for an interview.
- Bus Operator
- ParaTransit Operator
- Utility Worker
Company Website: www.sportran.org
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)