ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain stock levels, invoices, and receipts; monitor and track material operations inventory and supplies; retrieve and distribute parts to maintenance operations personnel; research availability of parts not available in manufacturers' manuals; download bar code readers used by other materials personnel during inventory cycle counting; determine and interpret inventory counts and locations using variation location reports; expedite parts orders for vehicles that are out of service; create daily reports of stock items; submit supporting information to develop procedures to minimize or eliminate stock level problems; investigate and report on incidents of incorrect materials, supply overages, and other technical problems; provide information on requests for new parts that should be placed in inventory, suggested stock levels, and other requests from customers such as preferred technical, quality or brand features; ensure that stock levels, invoices, and receipts are maintained accurately; drive a variety of medium-sized heavy duty trucks and use hydraulic lifts in the pick-up and delivery of parts, supplies, and other inventory; use a variety of materials and inventory operations equipment such as forklifts, hand trucks, pallet jacks, computers, etc.; provide oral and written reports on matters related to materials and inventory in assigned areas; build and maintain positive working relationships with co- workers, other personnel and the public using principles of good customer service.
DESIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Principles and practices of inventory management/control and work safety; basic mathematics and statistics; modern office procedures, methods, and computer equipment; equipment, tools and materials used in materials and inventory operations.
- Ability to work in varying weather conditions.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices within 60 days of employment.
- High School Diploma or its equivalent
- MUST have valid Driver's License
- MUST be able to walk, kneel, bend, push and/or pull to complete moderate to heavy lifting when necessary to perform the essential functions of the position.
All positions are Safety Sensitive and require pre-employment drug testing; background checks; clean driving records and applicants must be able to work flexible shifts.
Require that applicants have no more than two (2) moving violations in the past five years and no convictions of a serious traffic violation (i.e., DWI, driving with a suspended, canceled or revoked license) in the past five years.
SporTran provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, SporTran complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Shreveport Transit Management, Inc. operates the SporTran public transit system for Shreveport and Bossier City. We provide fixed route bus service and ADA paratransit service through our LiftLine brand. Buses and vans operate from approximately 5:00am to 1:30am Monday-Saturday and from 8:00am to 5pm on Sundays. Our maintenance facility operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
I understand and agree that the information provided on my application is true and accurate to the best of my knowledge. Any misrepresentation or deliberate omission of any fact on my application, resume or any other materials submitted will be sufficient for rejection of my application for consideration. PLEASE ALLOW 24-72 HOURS BEFORE CHECKING ON THE STATUS OF YOUR APPLICATION TO PERMIT SCREENING FOR POSITION ELIGIBILITY.
The below listed positions are continuous job postings and do not represent a current vacancy for employment. Applications are accepted for these positions on a continuous basis. Pursuant to company policy, applications will remain actively on file for one year from Date of Submission. If your qualifications are identified as a match for a current opening, you may be contacted for an interview.
- Bus Operator
- ParaTransit Operator
- Utility Worker
Company Website: www.sportran.org
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)